This award recognises the ‘whole home approach’ to food and nutrition issues within the care home, providing recognition to the catering and care staff and nutrition-related activities in the home e.g. staff training / awareness sessions, linking to residents activities, water provision, the use of local produce. The winner will be the person or unit that can demonstrate-
- Providing a worthwhile Mealtime experience.
- Provision of a wide and varied menu, especially for those who need special menus
- Enhanced quality of life.
- Provision and promotion of healthy food choices.
- Maintenance of good standards of hygiene and environmental health.
- Contribution towards a sustainable environment.
- Adherence to CQC’s Outcome 5 Meeting Nutritional Needs
Evidence will be provided in the form of menus, training plans, copies of delivery notes/ receipts, photographs and supporting statements indicating the initiatives that have taken place to improve and enhance the mealtime experience